Sunday, November 04, 2012

Time - The Teacher - PART 1


Time - Nature's greatest gift for human species. I always wonder what all things one can do with this universally unbiased allotment for the life time!!! Everything that we see in the world in the form of achievements, inventions, creativity, history are all result of collection of events with time.

One particular angle I would like to note here is that Time gives us the opportunity to understand people. Yes, it may be either over a period of Time that one would realize or it may be when facing a Critical Time that we come to know about the real value of people.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going" is a popular proverb that we often use but in my life it goes something like this "When the going gets tough, people blessed with better companions get going."

On August 1, 2012, my sister delivered "Prarthana," our greatest momentum of Joy. We were all busy planning for the ear-piercing ceremony and suddenly this happened. On August 7, 2012, I was in deep sleep after returning from the night shift work. Around 10 AM, my mom woke me up stating dad is complaining of severe chest pain. He claimed it as gastric and was reluctant to go hospital but the pain's intensity stated otherwise. He laid down on the bed stating he was tired and within few seconds he vomited. It was panic all around. Meantime, my sis called for a call taxi.

I informed my cousin working in GKNM Hospital and rushed there. The driver updated the cops that it is an emergency and that good hearted cop made way for us stopping other vehicles. We were on time and dad was diagnosed with heart attack, which demanded immediate Angioplasty. Just coming out of a major expense, out wallet was almost dry. I called my friend Siva Kumar, who had similar experience when we went to Sabarimala and asked for inputs. After his experience he had good knowledge on this ailment.

My cousin was there with me from the time we reached hospital and was guiding me. By this time, Siva Kumar too reached hospital. He said he will go home and see how much he can help me. In the mean time, I called Ramesh Bai and explained him the situation. He ensured me that he will be there the next day and not to worry.

The angioplasty was done and dad was in the ICU. Since the heart was in a weak condition, doctors suggested there maybe a need for placing stent, but some time later looking at future diagnosis. He was in observation for a day and then moved to the ward. By this time Siva and Ramesh Bai had come to hospital. When they both were there, dad was doing fine, but for some heavy coughing.

During night, the coughing got severe and my dad was finding it hard to breath. Though they tried every means to bring breathing back to normal, the strain was getting worse and the night in-charge decided to take him back into ICU. It is one of the toughest days in my life. I was literally shivering. If not for the emotional and moral support from my fiancee through these tough days, I don't think I would have survived to share this now.

In the morning, we were eager to know what the situation is.

To be contd............

SATHISH N

No comments: